Quality and Patient Safety
Day Kimball Healthcare strives to provide the highest quality care possible to ensure the best possible safety and outcomes for our patients. Our mission is to meet the health needs of our community through our core values of clinical quality, customer service, fiscal responsibility and local control.
Excellence in Quality Measures
- Day Kimball Hospital is in the top third of all hospitals in CT for patient satisfaction according to State of Connecticut Department of Health & Human Services reports
- Lowest Hospital Readmission Rates in CT from Qualidigm, based on most recent CHIME data (7/2014). Lower than CT average benchmarks for 30-day readmission rates: hospital-wide, acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary, hip/knee replacement.
- Medicare’s Hospital Compare website gives Day Kimball Hospital 3 out of 5 stars (2016), placing it among some of Connecticut’s top hospitals (only one CT hospital received more than 3 stars)
- High Quality Rating for Hospital Acquired Conditions from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (6/2014)
- BlueCross BlueShield Blue Distinction Center, 2016: Hip and Knee Replacement
- BlueCross BlueShield Blue Distinction Center , 2016: Specialty Care – Maternity
- Cigna Center of Excellence, 2016: Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement and Pulmonary Medical Care
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield Designations
- Day Kimball Hospital designated as a Value Tier 1 Hospital for quality of care and efficiency
- Day Kimball Medical Group PCP’s included in Enhanced Personal Health Care Program
- Day Kimball Medical Group physicians have earned Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Level 3 is the highest level for this certification.
- Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Program by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Accreditations & Certifications
- Commission on Cancer Silver Level Accreditation for Day Kimball Hospital's Cancer Care Program (three-year accreditation granted in September, 2015)
- Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center from The Joint Commission (certified since 2013, most recent re-certification granted in April, 2016); designated Primary Stroke Center by the CT Department of Health
- Advanced Certification and Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Replacement Program from The Joint Commission (certified since 2012, most recent two-year recertification granted in May, 2016)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) Fully Accredited Sleep Disorder Center
- Accreditation for Stress Echocardiograms from the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL)
- American College of Radiology Accreditation for CT/PET Scanning, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound
- Certificate of Compliance – XR29-CT (Diagnostic Imaging)
- Accredited and Approved Laboratory Services by the College of American Pathologists
- Approved Nuclear Medicine Facility, United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations from The Joint Commission for Hospital, Homecare and Hospice (most recent 3-year accreditation granted in May, 2014)
- Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern Connecticut: certified by Medicare, licensed by State of CT
- State of Connecticut – Department of Health (most recent 3-year license granted 10/2014)
- State of Connecticut – Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Inspection (5/2015)
- United States Department of Health & Human Resources
- Public Health Services - Food and Drug Administration
May 4, 2016
Day Kimball Hospital, part of the Day Kimball Healthcare system, today announced that it has received two national distinctions for its hip and knee replacement program. The Joint Commission, a...
April 14, 2016
The Joint Commission has Re-Certified the Hospital as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center
Day Kimball Hospital, part of the Day Kimball Healthcare system, has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold...
March 2, 2016
In an effort to help prospective parents find hospitals that deliver quality, affordable maternity care, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield announced that Day Kimball Hospital, a part of the Day...
January 8, 2016
Search for Affiliation Partner Continues as Leadership Underscores Commitment to Remain Independent “Until the Right Fit is Found”
After a challenging 2015, Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) announced...
November 17, 2015
DKH is Only Acute Care Hospital in CT to Achieve Zero Adverse Events in 2014, One of Only Five in Last Five Years
A recently released report from the CT Department of Public Health (DPH) that...
May 6, 2015
Congratulations to Our 2015 Nightingale Honorees
Every patient we care for deserves the very best we have to give - every day. The nurses featured here are selected as Nightingale Honorees because...
February 18, 2015
PUTNAM, CONN. – Day Kimball Healthcare recently received re-accreditation for its Sleep Center located at Day Kimball Hospital and its Laboratory which conducts tests at the Hospital, manages four...
September 30, 2014
“Transitions of Care” team instrumental in achieving improved ratings.
May 12, 2014
PUTNAM, CONN. – Five physicians practicing in the Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) integrated system have been named to Connecticut Magazine’s recently published “Top Docs” list. The doctors affiliated...
January 13, 2014
PUTNAM, CONN. – Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has formed a patient advisory council and received advanced certification in primary stroke from The Joint Commission, it was announced at its Annual...
October 4, 2013
PUTNAM, CONN. – Day Kimball HomeCare, a service division of Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH), received an Award of Distinction for scoring in the top 25 percent of Fazzi’s National Patient Satisfaction...