Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program
Orientation on Tuesday March 19, 2013, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8 Tuesdays starting April 2 – May 21, 2013, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
And All Day Retreat Saturday May 11, 2013, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
COST: $300 Payment Options are available
Day Kimball Hospital | RHF Conference Rooms 2-3 | 320 Pomfret Street, Putnam, CT
This program consists of eight weekly 2-½ hour classes, an orientation and a one day retreat. Course is highly participatory, supportive and structured to provide participants with:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and mindful communication exercises to enhance awareness in every day life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Home practice materials including guided mindfulness practice CDs and a workbook
This Mindfulness stress reduction program supports people seeking ways to enhance their overall health and well being as well as those challenged with a variety of conditions and concerns. The program has shown to benefit people with the following:
- Stress- including work, school, family, financial, illness, aging, grief, uncertainty about the future and feeling ‘out of control’
- Medical conditions- including chronic illness, pain, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, cancer heart disease, asthma, GI distress, skin disorders
- Psychological distress- including anxiety, panic, depression, fatigue, and sleep disturbances
- Prevention and wellness- included wellness focused on prevention and learning the ‘how’ of taking good care of yourself, and feeling a greater sense of balance.
Instructor: Kate Mitcheom, MSN, CNM, RYT has been teaching Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for 17 years and has worked in health care for over 30 years as a nurse-midwife. In addition, Kate is trained in Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy and is a Certified Yoga instructor. Kate's expertise lies in seeing the potential in each person and she uses humor and kindness to help participants learn the practices of Mindfulness.