Deary Memorial Cancer Fund
The Day Kimball Healthcare Deary Memorial Cancer Fund provides cancer-related screening and treatment services to individuals living in Northeast Connecticut who otherwise may not have the financial resources to obtain needed medical attention.
Through the generous contributions of local businesses, community members, and various events, more than $1.17 million has been raised for the Fund since its inception in 1989.
Each eligible patient may receive up to a maximum of $5,000 in financial assistance per year, renewable annually. Assistance may be used to help pay for Day Kimball Healthcare cancer services including mammography, prostate cancer screening, diagnostic imaging and lab services, chemotherapy, surgical procedures and medications. The Fund also offers scholarships for local students pursuing a degree in radiology.
To be eligible for assistance through the Deary Memorial Cancer Fund, a patient must:
- reside in one of these Northeast Connecticut towns: Ashford, Brooklyn, Canterbury, Chaplin, Danielson, Dayville, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Moosup, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Sterling, Thompson or Woodstock
- be receiving, or have the need to receive, cancer care services
- have a primary care physician with privileges at Day Kimball Hospital
- have the need for the service, as determined by the patient’s physician
- have no insurance, or have co-insurance with a deductible or co-payment greater than $500
- meet American Cancer Society Guidelines
Applying for Assistance
All patients requesting assistance with payment of cancer-related services or routine screening examinations should contact a Day Kimball Hospital Patient Accounts Financial Counselor, who will help to determine if the Deary Memorial Cancer Fund may be of help. Please call (860) 963-6337 (select option 2).
Supporting the Deary Memorial Cancer Fund
The Deary Memorial Cancer Fund depends on the support and generosity of the businesses and people in the communities it serves. If you would like to support these life saving efforts, you may make a donation online now (be sure to select "Unrestricted - DKH Deary Memorial Cancer Fund" in the drop-down field). Or, you may mail a check to:
Day Kimball Healthcare
P.O. Box 632
Putnam, CT 06260
Or, if you'd like to learn more about event sponsorship opportunities that benefit the Deary Memorial Cancer Fund, please see our annual events pages or contact the Development Department at (860) 928-7141.
Deary Memorial Race, Walk and Ride Ambassadors
Hear from those who have been touched by cancer, and are working to make a difference for others.
Events: Deary Memorial Race, Walk and Ride
Events: Deary Memorial Spring Gala
Events: Cruisin' for Cancer Care
Integrated Care: Cancer Care