Healthy Start Insurance Program
Connecticut's Free Health Insurance Program
Healthy Start is Connecticut's health insurance program for uninsured pregnant women and children up to age 36 months. Healthy Start is FREE, and can also be used as a supplement for individuals who have insurance that only covers part of their healthcare costs.
- Free medical care (including pre-natal office visits, prescriptions (including pre-natal vitamins), medical tests, labor & delivery and lab work.
- Free dental care (preventative & treatment)
- Confidential screening for insurance eligibility and assistance with the application process
- Coordination of medical appointments and case management
- Confidential counseling and supportive services, including home visits and referrals to other area providers (such as WIC, Young Parents Program, Nurturing Families Network, Etc.)
- Education on health and parenting topics
- Access to your site's team of social workers, nurse and physicians to coordinate prenatal and pediatric support to all interested participants.
For more information and to apply, please call:
Day Kimball Hospital
320 Pomfret Street
Putnam, CT 06260
(860) 928-6541 x2595