Nurturing Families Network
The Nurturing Families Network aims to identify and enhance family strengths while providing parents with knowledge and tools to monitor and promote their child's growth and brain development. We want to empower families to advocate for themselves and their children, and have the ability to receive support from community providers. All services are confidential.
Free services for first-time parents of children under the age of 3 months
Nurturing Connections (Telephone Support)
Trained nurturing volunteers will be there for you when you have non-medical questions about your baby. Trained nurturing volunteers provide:
- Answers to Your Questions
- Emotional Support
- Monthly Mailings - Child Development Info
- Connection to Community Resources
Family Support Workers provide encouragement and support, helpful tips for a fussy baby, free books and other free materials. With each visit, the Family Support Worker can assist you with:
- Child development monitoring and information
- Activities to do with your baby to promote healthy brain development
- Infant massage information and support
- Options to deal with everyday stresses
- Connections to community resources
Free services for any individual or family parenting a child from birth to 5 years old
This series teaches positive discipline methods. Parents will learn:
- Infant and child development information
- How to establish nurturing routines
- Effective discipline techniques
- Communication skills
- Tips to safety proof your home
- Community resource information
A light supper as well as free child care with age-appropriate activities are provided.
Nurturing Parenting Group for Parents and Children
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Day Kimball Hospital, RHF Conference Center
Enrollment for Home Visits and Nurturing Connections is open to first-time parents. Enroll anytime during pregnancy or before your child turns 3 months old.
Nurturing Parent/Children Group enrollment is open to all parents with a child birth to 5 years old.
To enroll, call (860) 928-6541 ext. 2077.
The Nurturing Families Network is funded by the Children’s Trust Fund, an agency of the State of Connecticut.
(860) 928-6541 ext. 2077
Day Kimball Hospital
320 Pomfret Street
Putnam, CT 06260
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
|Christine Millette, LICSW
|Laurel Garry, BA
|Kimberlee Theroux, BS
||Parent Group Co-Facilitator
|Caitlin A. Adams, BSW
||Children’s Group Facilitator