Spring into Wellness Fair
Spring into Wellness Fair
May 3, 2011
Day Kimball Healthcare presents the Spring into Wellness Fair on Monday, May 16, 2011 at Day Kimball Hospital, 320 Pomfret Street, Putnam, in the RHF Conference Rooms from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. This free event is open to the public and showcases healthy lifestyle resources and information to promote optimal living. There will be free raffles, food, demonstrations and exhibitors.
More than 20 exhibitors will be on hand to talk with attendees about fitness/ exercise, nutrition, healing arts, healthy communities, as well as healthcare and community services, on topics such as healthy aging, stress management, aromatherapy, cancer prevention, organic lawn/ land care, eye care, dental care and skin care. In addition, blood pressure and hearing screenings will be offered.
Throughout the day, Hoop Dancing and Tai Chi demonstrations will be held outside of the hospital’s Central Registration entrance at the back of the building. In the Day Kimball Integrative Medicine therapy room, free hands-on therapies will be offered from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. including healing touch, massage, reflexology, cranial sacral and other manual therapies. And, a variety of demonstrations are scheduled in the RHF Conference Room #1 as follows:
• 9:00-10:00 a.m. Meditation: Start the day off right with Clare Vidich, offering guided meditation sessions. Join in any time during this hour.
• 10:00-11:00 a.m. Community Agriculture and How to Support Local Farmers: Patty Taylor from Devon Point Farms will share her wisdom on the importance of preserving local farms and farming.
• 11:00-12:00 p.m. Coalition for Safe and Healthy CT: Ann Hulick, RN, will offer information on toxic consumer products, their impact on our health, tips to reduce exposure and find safer alternatives.
• 12:00-1:00 p.m. Northeast District Department of Health: Linda Colangelo will present two ½ hour sessions on “The Truth about False Advertising on Food Labels: Using the NuVal Nutritional Scoring System to Understand What You’re Really Eating!”
• 1:00-2:00 p.m. Medicinal Aromatherapy: John Odum will share his wealth of knowledge about plants and the therapeutic use of essential oils.
• 2:00-3:00 p.m. Midtown Fitness: Professional fitness instructor Amy Williams will offer 15 minute strength, cardio, flexibility and core exercise workout instruction.
• 3:00-4:00 p.m. Vibration Sound Therapy: Owen James from The Conduit Center will demonstrate the meditative, relaxing and therapeutic benefits of singing gongs. Come and experience a sound bath and an inward voyage. This is a unique opportunity that should not be missed.