Integrating our services to bring you high quality care.
At Day Kimball Healthcare, our vision is to be the premier, integrated medical services network in Northeast Connecticut.
But what does that mean for you? Simply stated, it means that everything we do is geared toward providing high-quality care that will improve your quality of life.
We’ve transitioned from a “sick care” model that treats diseases to a “well care” model that focuses on disease prevention and care management. This shift is most evident in the development of our patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model, which provides an infrastructure that enables your primary care physician (PCP) to focus on the delivery and coordination of comprehensive care. Your PCP is, in essence, the quarterback of your care and your advocate within the local healthcare system.*
In our PCMH, medical care and health providers work together and communicate closely to proactively help you access the care you need. We “talk” about your health through electronic medical records, which give our PCPs, specialists, diagnostic imaging technicians, and laboratory technicians instant access to your medical records so they can provide a comprehensive evaluation of your condition. This helps eliminate errors and redundant services, which in turn controls costs and assures you of top-quality care and advice.
Because the road to good health can be complicated, we’ve designed our integrated system to help us facilitate your care, give you a better and more comprehensive healthcare experience, and make it easier for you to actively participate in all aspects your care.
Our integrated medical services network consists of:
- Behavioral Health: This includes emergency psychiatric assessments, inpatient psychiatric treatment, and outpatient behavioral health counseling.
- Cancer Care: In partnership with Eastern Connecticut Hematology and Oncology Associates (ECHO), we provide advanced treatments and services for cancer, as well as benign and malignant blood disorders, to people age 16 and older.
- In-Home Care: We offer medical care, hygiene assistance, housekeeping, hospice care, durable medical equipment and supplies, and geriatric care.
- Orthopedic Care: Our full musculoskeletal care offering includes surgical services, non-surgical services (such as sports medicine, physical therapy, and occupational therapy), and the services of nationally recognized The Center for Bone & Joint Care.
- Primary Care: The anchor of our patient-centered medical home model, primary care includes family medicine, geriatric care management, internal medicine OB/GYN, and pediatrics.
- Specialty Care: This encompasses all medical specialties and subspecialties your PCP might refer you to for diagnosis, treatment, and/or management of illnesses or diseases.
- Surgical Care: We perform general and complex surgical procedures as well as minimally invasive procedures in areas such as gynecology, ophthalmology, urology, and ear, nose, and throat.
- Women’s Health: Our comprehensive approach to women’s healthcare needs integrates primary care and OB/GYN services with expertise in breast health, infertility, menopause, and cardiac health.
* In some instances, an advanced practice registered nurse (APRN or NP) or physician assistant (PA) may be your main healthcare advocate; they are referred to as primary care providers.