Meet Megan Belanger, RN, BA and Nurse Navigator at DKH’s Rose Bose LaRose Cancer Center! As a nurse navigator, she spends her days helping our cancer patients and their families and caregivers coordinate and navigate the cancer care system so that patients get the specialized and compassionate care they need. It takes a generous and caring person to do this job day in and day out, and Megan does it with the kindest, sweetest smile!
Anyone who knows Megan also knows she is a romantic at heart with a secret love for 90s jams, has a great sense of humor, and enjoys spending all the time she can with her family, husband, Jon, son, JT (age 3, pictured at right), and brand new baby girl, Maggie, who was born at the end of July. Good thing Megan also loves the color pink!
She would never turn down chocolate chip cookies (can't blame her – they are delicious!) or the chance to try her luck on the Vegas strip! Read on to learn more about Megan, including what inspired her career choice to become an oncology nurse, the local gem of a place where she became engaged to her high school sweetheart, and more, in this edition of 13 Questions.
1. I grew up in: Webster, MA
2. Who’s on your playlist? Country, country and more country (and a little 90s on 9!!)
3. What’s your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing (for the last dance of course!!)
4. What’s your favorite color? Pink….is there any other color???
5. What was the last thing you read? Something Paw Patrol related to JT, my 3 year old, probably!!
6. Who is your hero? My Grandfather, he was an amazing man, a police officer who battled cancer and inspired me to become an oncology nurse and help people.
7. Pets or no pets? (name them, if so.) 2 Pugs! Toby and Tabby
8. Name something on your bucket list. Definitely a Vegas trip!
9. What’s your “go-to” comfort food? Cookies, specifically chocolate chip
10. Smartphone, tablet or desktop? Smartphone!
11. People would be surprised to know that: My husband and I are high school sweethearts! Also, I have my Bachelors from Nichols College in Dudley, MA, in English with a minor in Spanish.
12. What’s your current health focus (for you personally)? Having my 2nd child!
13. What’s your favorite place in Northeast Connecticut? The Thompson Dam --- my husband proposed there!