Quality and Patient Safety
At Day Kimball Healthcare our number one goal is to provide the highest quality care possible, in the safest possible way, to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients. We're proud that our dedication to achieving this goal for our patients each and every day is reflected in our quality measures and distinctions.
Scroll down to view all the quality distinctions, certifications and designations for Day Kimball Hospital, Day Kimball Medical Group and Day Kimball Healthcare at Home.
Day Kimball Hospital: Quality Measures and Distinctions
- Day Kimball Hospital earned an "A" from Leapfrog, placing it among the top third of all hospitals in the state and the nation for patient safety. Read more >
- Day Kimball Hospital also places in the top third of all hospitals in CT for patient satisfaction according to State of Connecticut Department of Health & Human Services reports
- High Quality Rating for Hospital Acquired Conditions from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (6/2014)
- BlueCross BlueShield Blue Distinction Center: Hip and Knee Replacement
- Cigna Center of Excellence: Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement and Pulmonary Medical Care
- Anthem BlueCross BlueShield Value Tier 1 Hospital for quality of care and efficiency
- Medicare’s Hospital Compare website gives Day Kimball Hospital 3 out of 5 stars (2016), placing it among some of Connecticut’s top hospitals (only one CT hospital received more than 3 stars)
- Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations from The Joint Commission (most recent 3-year accreditation granted in May, 2017)
- Commission on Cancer Silver Level Accreditation with commendations for Day Kimball Hospital's Cancer Care Program (three-year accreditation granted in September, 2015)
- Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center from The Joint Commission (certified since 2013, most recent re-certification granted in April, 2016); designated Primary Stroke Center by the CT Department of Health
- Advanced Certification and Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Replacement Program from The Joint Commission (certified since 2012, most recent two-year re-certification granted in May, 2016)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) Fully Accredited Sleep Disorder Center
Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Program by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Accreditation for Stress Echocardiograms from the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL)
- American College of Radiology Accreditation for CT/PET Scanning, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound, and Certificate of Compliance, XR29-CT
- College of American Pathologists Accredited and Approved Laboratory Services
- Approved Nuclear Medicine Facility, United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- State of Connecticut – Department of Health (most recent 3-year license granted 10/2014)
- State of Connecticut – Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Inspection (5/2015)
- United States Department of Health & Human Resources
- Public Health Services - Food and Drug Administration
Day Kimball Medical Group: Quality Measures and Distinctions
- Day Kimball Medical Group physicians have earned Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Level 3 is the highest level for this certification.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield has qualified Day Kimball Medical Group's primary care providers as part of its Enhanced Personal Health Care Program. This means that our practices have met standards for high quality and efficiency of care, and as a result, patients who have Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield insurance pay a lower co-payment for their care at Day Kimball Medical Group primary care practices.
Day Kimball Healthcare at Home: Quality Measures and Distinctions