Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
April 8, 2020
Virtual Visits Let Patients and Providers Stay Connected, and Ease Concerns of Going to the Doctor’s Office
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has launched telehealth services to help care for patients...
April 6, 2020
Triage and Assessment Site to Prepare for Surge in Coronavirus Patients
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is taking extra precautions to provide the safest environment possible and protect its...
March 30, 2020
Day Kimball Hospital (DKH) is implementing further measures to reduce the number of publicly accessible hospital entrance points to enhance the safety and security of our patient care environment...
March 27, 2020
DKH HomeMakers Provides Shopping and Care Management Assistance to Seniors
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) At Home, a service division of Day Kimball Healthcare, is closely monitoring the rapidly...
March 26, 2020
As we continue our attempts to contain the spread of COVID-19 (“the Coronavirus”), we will be making further changes to our Maternal Child Health (MCH) Unit visitation policy as we deem...
March 26, 2020
Third Annual “Warmth & Wellness” Drive Collects Hundreds of Personal Care Items for Those in Need
Day Kimball Healthcare’s (DKH) annual Warmth and Wellness Holiday Drive returned for a third year...
March 25, 2020
Keeping our colleagues, patients and families safe is critical during these unprecedented time.
Thank you for your generosity and offers to donate personal protective equipment (PPE). ...
March 25, 2020
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is receiving a high volume of telephone calls pertaining to certain medical staff at Day Kimball Healthcare. Under strict confidentiality laws, we are not permitted to...
March 24, 2020
In response to the coronavirus disease COVID-19 causing a significant drop in patient visits, the Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) Walk-In Clinic in Plainfield will temporarily suspend services effective...
March 20, 2020
Day Kimball Hospital (DKH) can confirm that one of its obstetrics and gynecology physicians was diagnosed with coronavirus disease COVID-19 on March 19, 2020. Following CDC...