Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
May 3, 2021
One of Four CT Hospitals to Receive CMS Highest Five-Star Quality Rating, and “A” Hospital Safety Grade from Leapfrog Placing DKH in Top Third of Hospitals in the Nation
Day Kimball Hospital (DKH)...
April 27, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is pleased to welcome Meryl J. Reichman, MD, board-certified and fellowship-trained endocrinologist, to the Day Kimball Medical Group (DKMG).
“We are very excited to...
April 26, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is pleased to announce a partnership between its hospital-based food pantry, Caitlyn’s Cupboard, and Interfaith Human Services of Putnam’s (IHSP) Food Pantry, Daily...
April 23, 2021
Day Kimball Hospital (DKH) in Putnam is pleased to announce it has once again earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers. The Gold Seal...
April 22, 2021
Gloria Singleton, scheduling supervisor for Day Kimball Homemakers, a division of Day Kimball Healthcare At Home, has been named employee of the month for April by Day Kimball Healthcare...
March 29, 2021
Timothy Van Nort, administration coordinator to the chief executive officer, has been named employee of the month for March.
Van Nort began working at Day Kimball in 2013 as a UR/PCT and secretary...
March 16, 2021
Day Kimball Hospital, part of the Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) integrated network, has again been designated as a Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care by the Blue Cross Blue Shield...
March 11, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is pleased to announce that Stephen F. Schiff, MD, FACS, urologist and vice chairman of surgery at Day Kimball Hospital, has been appointed Clinical Professor of Urology...
March 3, 2021
Day Kimball Hospital and Day Kimball Healthcare At Home, have again earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance...