Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
July 1, 2020
All Other Services at Day Kimball Healthcare Center in Plainfield Remain Unchanged
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has announced that it will consolidate its physical medicine services currently...
June 26, 2020
The following DKH services and locations are observing early office closures for the Fourth of July.
Have a happy, safe, and healthy Independence Day!
June 24, 2020
All Other Services at Day Kimball Healthcare Center in Danielson Remain Unchanged
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has announced that it will consolidate its diagnostic imaging services currently...
June 17, 2020
Screening Procedures and Visitation Restrictions Continue
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is re-opening its blood draw site at its Plainfield Healthcare Center, located at 12 Lathrop Road in...
June 3, 2020
Day Kimball Healthcare’s (DKH) Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program is supporting many newly eligible families due to the economic impacts of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
June 2, 2020
Screening Procedures Continue as the Hospital Resumes Service Lines
Day Kimball Hospital (DKH) is re-opening its Main Entrance for patients accessing the hospital for select services, as part of...
May 22, 2020
Establishes COVID-Safe Care across All Locations
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is taking a thoughtful, gradual approach to resuming select procedures and services that have been delayed due to...
May 21, 2020
Granted by The Scripps Family Fund for Education and the Arts
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has received a $40,000 donation from The Scripps Family Fund for Education and the Arts to support its...
April 30, 2020
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is convening a panel of local health experts, behavioral health specialists, and human services agencies to host a series of virtual community educational forums that...