Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
February 18, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is pleased to welcome emergency medicine physician Vanessa M. Brown, MD, JD, FACEP, FAAEM, who has been named medical director of the Townsend Emergency Medical Center at...
February 12, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has been administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to individuals who qualify for phase 1b of Connecticut’s vaccination program.
Due to limited vaccine supply, ...
February 5, 2021
Ted Kirst, 80, and his wife Barbara, 77, rolled up their sleeves and received their first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine together at the Day Kimball Healthcare Center in Plainfield on Friday, ...
February 4, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has begun its next phase of administering the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and is now offering the vaccine to its Day Kimball Medical Group (DKMG) patients who qualify for...
February 3, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) At Home, a service division of Day Kimball Healthcare, recently named five of its employees as “Heroes at Home” for demonstrating outstanding service in homecare. ...
February 1, 2021
PLEASE BE ADVISED
Due to the snowstorm forecasted for today, Monday, February 1, the following DKH services will be closing at 1 p.m. and resuming regular business hours tomorrow, Tuesday, February...
January 26, 2021
Mark Dieterle, materials management technician at Day Kimball Hospital in Putnam, has been named employee of the month for January by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).
Dieterle, who has been in the...
January 18, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare Responds to Coronavirus
Day Kimball Healthcare is committed to bringing our community the latest information about COVID-19 (coronavirus) and is responding to any cases in our...
January 13, 2021
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) continues to take necessary steps to prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses, including coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Last year in March 2020, the health...
January 6, 2021
From the Frontlines
DKH’s Health Care Heroes share their reasons for choosing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine:
DKH Responds to...