Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
November 19, 2020
Proceeds to Benefit the Northeast Connecticut Cancer Fund of Day Kimball Healthcare
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) recently received a $3,700 donation from the Putnam Police Department’s Pink Patch...
November 16, 2020
Event to Benefit Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern Connecticut
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) invites the community to join together virtually to celebrate its 31st annual “Tree of Life”...
November 12, 2020
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) offers drive-thru testing for COVID-19 in Putnam for its patients who have a valid doctor's order.
Day Kimball Healthcare Center
12 South Main Street...
October 30, 2020
Some Halloween traditions may look different this year to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. However, there are still plenty of ways families can have fun while avoiding the scare of...
October 20, 2020
Lori Hamilton, clinical coordinator in the medical/surgical department at Day Kimball Hospital, has been named employee of the month for October by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).
October 1, 2020
The 36th Annual Day Kimball Hospital (DKH) Putnam Bank Golf Classic was held at the Connecticut National Golf Club on September 11. Sponsors, golfers, and volunteers who participated in or supported...
September 29, 2020
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is pleased to announce that Alejandro Carvajal, MD, fellowship-trained medical hematologist/oncologist, has joined the Rose Bove LaRose Cancer Center at Day Kimball...
September 22, 2020
Michael Hanrahan, public safety officer at Day Kimball Hospital, has been named employee of the month for September by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).
Hanrahan, who has been in the security field...
September 9, 2020
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has recently welcomed several new physicians to the Day Kimball Medical Group (DKMG) in the areas of infectious diseases, internal medicine, and pediatrics.
August 26, 2020
Katherine Ratelle, internal medicine referral coordinator for Day Kimball Medical Group in Dayville, has been named employee of the month for August by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).