Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
December 5, 2019
Most people know that eating healthy foods, exercising appropriately, and getting enough sleep contribute to good health. Another factor, spirituality, has also been shown to positively impact health...
December 2, 2019
The Woman’s Board of Day Kimball Hospital (DKH), in partnership with the Putnam Business Association (PBA), Putnam Economic and Community Development Office, and Day Kimball Hospital, held a ribbon...
November 25, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) held a variety show titled, “DKH Goes Live for 125,” at Putnam Middle School on Saturday, November 9, performed by DKH doctors, nurses, employees, and volunteers, in...
November 22, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) held a dedication ceremony at the Hospital on Wednesday, November 20 to honor longtime community medicine physician and director of internal medicine for Day Kimball...
November 20, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is delighted to welcome Eunice Asomaning, MD to the Day Kimball Medical Group Family Medicine practice at 45 Green Hollow Road in Danielson, CT.
Prior to joining Day...
November 19, 2019
The Woman’s Board of Day Kimball Hospital (DKH) is working to fulfill a three-year, $200,000 pledge, in support of room renovations to the Hospital’s Burdick Family Birthing Center.
To date, the...
November 18, 2019
Allison Clancy, registered nurse (RN) for Day Kimball Hospital’s inpatient behavioral health unit, has been named employee of the month for October by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).
November 15, 2019
Talks resume with other potential partners
Day Kimball Healthcare’s (DKH) Board of Directors today announced that discussions with a potential strategic partner, Prospect Medical Holdings (PMH), ...
November 11, 2019
Day Kimball Hospital’s Rose Bove LaRose Cancer Center has all the bells and whistles - with emphasis on the bells. Patients who complete their cancer treatment at the Center ring a ship's bell...
December 1, 2019 - January 10, 2020
Let's all help to keep our neighbors in need healthy and warm this winter!
DKH is holding a Warmth & Wellness Holiday Drive for a second year to collect personal care items as well as new blankets, ...