Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
June 3, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) administration hosted a staff appreciation barbecue on Wednesday, May 22 at Day Kimball Hospital. The event was held in conjunction with DKH’s 125th anniversary and as a...
May 28, 2019
Day Kimball Hospital is pleased to announce it has recently earned the CNOR® Strong designation from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI). The CNOR Strong designation is given to facilities...
May 23, 2019
Tiffany Guilmette, accounts receivable technician for Day Kimball Hospital, has been named employee of the month for April by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).
Guilmette began her career with Day...
May 22, 2019
Cancer Survivor Rich Mineo Named as Ambassador Honoree
Day Kimball Healthcare’s (DKH) annual Walk & Race for the Northeast Connecticut (NECT) Cancer Fund of DKH will be held Saturday, August 10, ...
May 21, 2019
Putnam Bank has signed on as the $25,000 presenting sponsor of the Day Kimball Hospital Golf Classic for the third year in a row. Funds from last year’s sponsorship are providing critical support for...
May 16, 2019
Proceeds to Benefit Day Kimball Hospital Cancer Center
The ninth annual Paddle for a Cure will be held rain or shine on Sunday, June 9 at Riverside Park in Brooklyn, beginning at 10...
May 13, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is now offering an integrated women’s health services program for improving access to cancer screenings and combating heart disease – the Connecticut Early Detection and...
May 3, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) has been selected as the beneficiary of the Stop & Shop Community Bag Program for the month of May by store leadership at the Stop & Shop located at 60 Providence Pike in...
May 2, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) and the Woman’s Board of Day Kimball Hospital are proud to participate in the Killingly Springfest on Saturday, May 11. The event will take place from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00...
April 26, 2019
Gyuljan Tahirova, registered nurse (RN), for Day Kimball Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) has been named employee of the month for March by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).
Tahirova, who has...