Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
February 8, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare and the Woman’s Board of Day Kimball Hospital celebrated the past and toasted to the future at a 125th Anniversary and Valentine Dinner Dance held at StoneHurst Valley in...
January 16, 2019
The Next Generation of Robotic Knee and Hip Replacement Surgery is here in Northeast CT
Orthopedic surgeons at Day Kimball Hospital are offering patients an innovative option for partial knee, ...
January 9, 2019
SPIROL International Corporation, a global manufacturer headquartered in Danielson, Connecticut, has pledged to support the Northeast Connecticut Cancer Fund of Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) in the...
January 1, 2019
It is a new year and one local family has something special to celebrate the beginning of 2019.
At Day Kimball Hospital’s Burdick Family Birthing Center, Anastasia Rose Schacht was born at 1:11...
December 31, 2018
Leslie Taylor, phlebotomist for Day Kimball Healthcare’s Laboratory and Blood Draw Services department, has been named employee of the month for December by Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH).
December 26, 2018
On December 2, families and friends gathered together on village greens in 11 communities across Northeast Connecticut for Day Kimball Healthcare’s 29th annual Tree of Life Ceremony. This year’s...
December 19, 2018
Day Kimball Healthcare, Northeast Connecticut’s premier integrated medical services network, is now a participating provider with Aetna Medicare Advantage, effective October 15, 2018. Aetna Medicare...
December 3, 2018
Hospice & Palliative Care of Northeastern Connecticut, a service division of Day Kimball Healthcare, was honored with a 2018 Patient Satisfaction Award of Distinction by Fazzi Associates, A Medicare...
November 30, 2018
The Accreditation Committee of the College of American Pathologists (CAP) has again awarded accreditation to Day Kimball Hospital Laboratory based on results of a recent on-site inspection as part of...