Our Corporators are dedicated and visionary members of our Northeast Connecticut community. They share common values and goals and want our community hospital to reflect their priorities. Corporators believe in Day Kimball Healthcare’s vision of community care and are passionate about making the vision reality.
What do corporators do?
Corporators embrace the opportunity to build connections through volunteering time, skills and resources, and they partner with Day Kimball Healthcare by promoting the efforts we make on behalf of our neighbors.
The Role of a Corporator:
- Attend Annual Meetings
- Participate in the election of Board Members and Officers
- Recommend new Corporators for consideration
- Make friends in the community on behalf of and advocate for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Act as an ambassador for Day Kimball Healthcare
- Stay informed about the Day Kimball Healthcare’s programs and plans
- Participate in Day Kimball Healthcare’s activities and fundraising projects
- Work on a Day Kimball Healthcare committee
- Share your time, talent and treasure with Day Kimball Healthcare
- Bring feedback to the Day Kimball Healthcare about where we can improve
- Tell stories about our successes and achievements
Day Kimball Healthcare’s Commitment to its Corporators:
- To keep you informed in a timely fashion about events
- To use your skills and talents in a mutually beneficial manner
- To recognize you as a Corporator in your dealings with the organization
- To provide you with healthcare information that supports your life and interests
- To use our resources to help you be informed on healthcare issues that matter to you and your family
- To let you know what the organization expects from you before you become a Corporator
- To help you build a body of unique knowledge about Day Kimball Healthcare
- To help you feel positive about your relationship with the largest employer and non-profit in Northeast Connecticut
How does one become a corporator?
Any person with an interest in the 13-town area of Northeastern Connecticut who has a sincere interest in issues of health care delivery in that area is eligible for election as a member of the Day Kimball Healthcare Corporators. A person may be nominated for election to the membership by any current member of the Corporation, at any annual or special membership meeting. Upon nomination, the nominee must be elected by a two-thirds vote of all members present at the meeting.
April 16, 2019
In celebration of National Healthcare Volunteer Week, Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) honored its 130 adult volunteers, who donated more than 20,000 hours of service to the hospital and community this...
April 15, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) held a flag-raising ceremony at Day Kimball Hospital in Putnam on April 12 to commemorate National Donate Life Month. Celebrated in April, the annual observance...
April 8, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare’s (DKH) Cruisin’ for Cancer Care committee hosted its annual Guest Bartender Night at the Black Dog Bar & Grille on Thursday, March 28. More than $9,300 was raised through bar...
April 4, 2019
Underscores the Changing and Vital Role of Today’s Community Hospital
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) is setting the standard for a new breed of community hospital committed to delivering the...
April 1, 2019
Katrina Lambert, Project Manager for Day Kimball Healthcare’s (DKH) Information Technology (IT) Department has been named employee of the month for February by Day Kimball Healthcare.
March 14, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare’s (DKH) Burdick Family Birthing Center at Day Kimball Hospital received a special donation from one local couple to honor the memory of their child and help other families...
March 11, 2019
Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) held its annual meeting of the corporators at the Mansion at Bald Hill on Wednesday, February 13. Each year’s meeting invites DKH’s corporators together to reflect on...
March 7, 2019
Wendy Blackmar, pre-certification clerk has been named employee of the month for January by DKH.
Blackmar, who has nearly 30 years of experience in the medical field, began her career at DKH in...
March 4, 2019
Day Kimball Hospital (DKH) will begin using a new visitor and emergency management system to ensure patient safety and security. MitchellTrac, a visitor and emergency management solution built on...
March 4, 2019
Michelle Gardner, Intake and Outreach Coordinator for Day Kimball HomeMakers, a division of Day Kimball Healthcare at Home, has been named employee of the year for 2018 by Day Kimball Healthcare...