Deary Memorial Cancer Fund
Funds raised will be used to provide cancer related services and treatment to individuals in our community who otherwise may not have the resources available to obtain needed medical attention.
- Prostate Cancer Screening (PSA Screening Blood Test)
- Lab Services
- Radiology Forgiveness Loan Program
Click Here for Screening & Eligibility Guidelines
Click Here for the Screening Sheet
Thomas C. Deary, Jr. Scholarship for Registered Radiographers
The scholarship was named for Thomas C. Deary, Jr., the patriarch of the Putnam Deary family. The Deary’s are a large, close-knit family, well-known in the community. Over the years Day Kimball Hospital has been there in their times of need – in birth, life and, even death.
As a way of giving back to the community, the Day Kimball Hospital Development Committee and the Deary Family founded the Thomas C. Deary, Jr. Memorial Scholarship, which is presented annually to individuals from Northeastern Connecticut pursuing careers in the field of Registered Radiography.
Click here for our Scholarships page which has Deary Scholarship Guidelines and Application forms
Day Kimball Hospital Deary Mammogram Certificate Program
Qualification process and criteria to redeem:
- To determine eligibility for the CT Breast and Cervical Cancer Grant, please call 1-866-997-1663
- If ineligible, call 860-928-6541 ext. 3316 or 2219 to speak with a financial counselor at Day Kimball Hospital. He or she will determine eligibility for the free mammogram certificate program through the Day Kimball Hospital Deary Memorial Cancer Fund.
Criteria for Day Kimball Hospital Deary Mammogram Certificate Program:
- Patient must be uninsured and fail to meet the guidelines for the Breast and Cervical Cancer Grant (BCCG).
- Patient must be insured with a deductible of $500 or more that has not been met and fail to meet the guidelines for the BCCG Grant.
- All mammogram services will be submitted to the insurance carrier for processing per the patient’s plan guidelines. Any non-deductible balance that remains from the insurance company will be the patient’s responsibility.
Two sets of bills will be generated for this service; one for the Mammogram service provided by Day Kimball Hospital, and the second for the Radiologist reading and interpretation of the mammogram films.
This certificate program has been made possible through the generosity of our community and their efforts to continuously replenish the Day Kimball Hospital Deary Memorial Cancer Fund.