National Medical Laboratory Professionals Week
April 23 -29, 2017
Please join us in celebrating Medical Laboratory Professionals Week! As we continue to face the challenges of today’s healthcare environment, this week is a way to take a breath and recognize the vital role that the laboratory “team” plays in our community’s health.
The Department of Laboratory Services at Day Kimball Healthcare encompasses several areas of responsibility that all contribute to our Excellence in Customer Service for our patients and colleagues. Our dedicated, knowledgeable Lab Professionals provide the testing and analysis on the hundreds of thousands of laboratory tests that are run at DKH each year.
So, as part of the celebration this year, let's get to know some of those dedicated and knowledgeable Lab Professionals, through our famous "13 Questions" quiz.
1. I grew up in: Eastford, CT
2. Who’s on your playlist? Def Leppard! Poison, George Strait, Martina McBride, Two Steps from Hell
3. What’s your favorite movie? Pretty In Pink
4. What’s your favorite color? Yellow
5. What was the last thing you read? Outlander
6. Who is your hero? My grandmother
7. Pets or no pets? (name them, if so.) Six dogs! Cheyanne, Spike, Ellie Mae, Willow, Jasmine, and Tallulah. And, four cats! Rolo, Tiger, Pepper, and Reese.
8. Name something on your bucket list. To take a helicopter into the northern most point of Alaska and dog sled out.
9. What’s your “go-to” comfort food? Ruffles
10. Smartphone, tablet or desktop? Smartphone
11. People would be surprised to know that I: Have 5 kids who range in ages 20 years apart.
12. What’s your current health focus (for you personally)? To wake up everyday!
13. What’s your favorite place in northeast Connecticut? My bed! But also, I love the Thompson Dam Campground.
Diagnostic Services: Laboratory and Blood Draw