Neurology is a medical specialty that deals with the functioning and disorders of the nervous system. Through our associated board certified neurologists from UMass Medical Center we are able to provide expert outpatient consultations at Day Kimball Hospital for the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord and nervous system. A referral from your primary care practitioner (PCP) is required to make an appointment.
Conditions treated include:
- headaches, including migraines
- epilepsy and seizure disorders
- multiple sclerosis
- neuromuscular disorders
- Parkinson’s disease and tremor
- dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- gait and balance disorders
- vertigo and dizziness
- brain tumors
- sleep disorders
- and other conditions
Specialized testing and treatments include:
- telestroke program - our Emergency Department is able to rapidly assess and treat stroke with the help of experts from UMASS Memorial Medical Center, allowing us to administer clot-busting drugs that save lives. This is the only program of its kind in Northeast Connecticut.
- EEG (electroencephalogram), a test that detects electrical activity in the brain through small, flat discs attached to the scalp. Portable EEG is also available.
- sleep studies
- bedside monitoring for epilepsy
- and many others
Our associated neurologists also have sub-specialties in treating stroke, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and neuromuscular disorders.
Billing and Payment Information
Billing for neurology physician consultations will be submitted to your insurance directly by UMass Memorial Medical Center. Please check with your insurance carrier for details about your specific coverage, copays, deductibles and any prior authorization requirements, as well as if the doctor you’re scheduled to see participates in your plan.
If you have questions, please contact the UMass Memorial Medical Center billing department. Our team of financial counselors is also always here to help. For more information visit our billing page.
Other Services Integrated with Neurology
Diagnostic Services: Diagnostic Imaging
Diagnostic Services: Laboratory and Blood Draw
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Related Areas of Interest
Find a Day Kimball Healthcare associated Neurologist
Day Kimball Hospital: Campus Map & Directory
Specialty Care: Overview
Locations, Hours and Contact Information
Outpatient consultations with our associated neurologists are available by appointment through their individual offices.
Find an associated neurologist >