Day Kimball Healthcare (DKH) offers drive-thru testing for COVID-19 in Putnam for its patients who have a valid doctor's order.
Day Kimball Healthcare Center
6 South Main Street | Putnam, CT 06260
Get directions >
Monday - Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
A Doctor's Order is Required
Only patients who have been evaluated by a health care provider for COVID-19 symptoms, or are scheduled for a medical procedure, and have a valid prescription order from their physician may be tested at the DKH drive-up collection site. Testing is offered for both pediatric and adult patients. On demand or walk-up testing is not available at this location.
Results are generally available within 2-3 days depending on regional test volume. Wait times may be longer as volumes increase. Individuals will be contacted directly with their results when they become available.
Please note the following:
- Patients who do not have a provider’s order will not be tested.
- Patients will need to bring with them a valid photo ID to the collection site.
- Patients will drive through a secured, marked area and will remain in their vehicles throughout the entire collection process.
- No outdoor restrooms will available at the collection location.
- The sample is collected via a nasal swab; the process typically takes less than 30 seconds.
- The sample will be tested for the novel coronavirus.
- Individuals will be contacted directly with their results within 2-3 days depending on regional test volume. As volumes increase, wait times for results may be longer.
- No medical screening or on-site medical evaluation will be performed.
- While waiting for their test results, individuals should stay at home. Those who receive positive COVID-19 test results may be issued additional care orders or self-isolation orders.
To Obtain a Doctor's Order
Patients with COVID-19 symptoms such as cough, fever, and shortness of breath should contact their health care provider to be evaluated for their symptoms. Once the individual is determined to be a candidate for testing, the clinician will submit a physician order for the COVID-19 test.
Find a Doctor
Day Kimball Medical Group’s primary and specialty care practices are accepting new patients. Find a Day Kimball Medical Group provider by phone - just call 1 (844) DKMG DOC (1-844-356-4362) and one of our patient service representatives will return your call to help you.
For the latest information, refer to the CDC website www.cdc.gov, and the CT DPH website, including where to get COVID-19 testing without a doctor's order at www.ct.gov/coronavirus. Local measures to contain the spread of the virus are available at Day Kimball Healthcare’s website www.daykimball.org/coronavirus. Updates can also be viewed at Day Kimball Healthcare’s Facebook and Instagram channels.
DKH Responds to Coronavirus
Don't Delay Care | It's Safe to Come to DKH
COVID-19 Test Pricing
CT State Info Line | Dial 2-1-1