Walking Toward a Healthier You
There are countless physical activities out there, but walking has the lowest dropout rate of them all! It's the simplest positive change you can make to effectively improve your heart health. Research has shown that the benefits of walking and moderate physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes ( Source AHA, 2014)
Walk Your way to a healthier life in which you feel better and have more energy. Now is a great time to start moving.
Go out and explore Beautiful Northeast Connecticut. We've done some of the work for you and compiled a list of walking trails in northeast Connecticut that offer flat terrain and convenient parking. Northeast CT WalkTrails.pdf
Come and join other walkers on our guided walks - any upcoming walks will be listed below. Check in here often for new dates - see you there!