To support early detection, Day Kimball Healthcare participates in the Connecticut Early Detection and Prevention Program (CEDPP), as well as the Connecticut Well Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation (WISEWOMAN) Program for heart disease screening.
The Connecticut Early Detection and Prevention Program (CEDPP) is a comprehensive screening program available throughout Connecticut for medically underserved women. The program aims to significantly increase the number of women who receive breast and cervical cancer screening, diagnostic and treatment referral services.
Screening and diagnostic services include:
- follow-up office visits
- screening and diagnostic mammograms
- breast biopsies and ultrasounds
- fine needle aspirations
- pap tests
- colposcopies and colposcopy-direct biopsies
- surgical consultations
- clinical breast exams
All women must:
- be 40 to 64 years of age for mammograms
- be 21 to 64 years of age for pap tests
- have no health insurance* or
- have a high insurance deductible ($1,000 or more)
- *women 65+ who are not enrolled in Medicare Part B may be eligible to receive CEDPP services
- be at or below 250% of the Federal Poverty Level**
Your Care Team Navigators
A major component of the Early Detection Program is your care team comprised of a Women’s Health Navigator, Clinical Navigator, and Community Health Navigator. Whether you need help setting up an appointment, have questions about your test results, or just need someone to talk to, we’re here for you.
Your care team navigators work collaboratively to help the patient through the healthcare system in the following ways
- ensures timely communication of biopsy results
- assists with scheduling further appointments as needed
- provides patient education, encouraging informed decision making
- remains a support system for patients who require further treatment, and more
Screenings are Fast, Simple and Free for Those Who Qualify
All services are offered free of charge through DKH, a contracted health care provider with the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
**To determine eligibility, and to enroll contact the Community Health Navigator Morgan Clark at (203) 814-2369 or Dawn Hippert at (860) 928-6541 ext 2042.
Other Services Integrated with the Early Detection Program
Women's Health: Overview
Women's Health: OB/GYN
Diagnostic Services: Diagnostic Imaging
Surgical Care: Breast Surgery
Early Detection Program
Community Health Navigator
(203) 814-2369 or (860) 928-6541 ext 2042
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.