The social workers at Day Kimball Hospital are available to help patients and families gain access to many services. The social workers have an extensive knowledge of community resources and are able to guide patients and families in the steps needed to access those resources. They are available throughout the hospital, homecare and hospice to help when needed.
- Helping patients find financial assistance when needed and available
- Helping patients connect with outpatient services such as primary care physicians or other appointments
- Assist patients with coping through illness
- Providing patients with information on rehabilitation and support groups when needed
- Access appropriate community-based services for homecare and hospice patients and their families
- Counseling and bereavement services for hospice patients and their families
Services and Contact Information
Healthy Start Grant Social Worker: Assists Pregnant women and children to access the services they need which can include health, out patient referrals, financial and or legal issues.
Phone: (860) 928-6541 x2595
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Case Management Medical Social Worker: Available throughout the hospital for social service issues.
Phone: (860) 928-6541 x3037
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
HomeCare and Hospice Social Workers: Available to patients receiving homecare and hospice services.
Phone: (860) 928-0422
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.